Velvety smooth and delicious, these dairy and refined sugar free chocolate bites are rich in antioxidants and magnesium.
100g cacao butter, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cacao powder
10 drops of peppermint oil or vanilla essence
1/4 cup of cacao nibs, for optional crunch
Ice trays. Be a little fancy with some heart shaped trays
1. Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, then allow to cool (This tested my patience but was worth it).
2. Add the maple syrup to the cooled cacao butter, then stir in the cacao powder and mix to blend well.
3. Stir in the peppermint oil or vanilla essence
4. Spoon the mixture into ice cube trays and top with nibs. Freeze until set, then pop them out.
5. Store in the fridge and these little beauties can become soft quickly.