I love love love cheesecake, but not the nutrition-void ingredients from a shop brought one or the impact it has on the waistline.
This is why you have to try this slice. Every ingredient in this recipe is delicious and is something positive to offer your awesome body.
Makes 20 Moorish Pieces
2 large lemons worth of zest
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
10 pitted dates
Good pinch of salt
3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups of cashews (cashews are my favorite but almonds and macadamias work too)
1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
3 lemons worth of zest
3/4 – 1 cup of lemon juice
4 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- Line a baking tin with baking paper (I use a 25cm by 18cm tin). Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until well combined and crumbly, and the mixture holds together in your fingers.
- Use the back of a wet spoon to very firmly and evenly press the base mixture into your tin.
- Place all the topping ingredients into the food processor and blitz to a creamy consistency (this will take a few minutes), scraping down the sides.
- Spread the topping mixture evenly over the base. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the slice into 20 pieces. Store in the fridge or freezer.